One of the greatest features of having an Andersen Storm Door is the flexibility it provides in ventilation options. The most popular of the ventilation options has become the Interchangeable Full View Storm Door. This is popular because of the amount of light exposure and ventilation it provides. With the Interchangeable Storm Door, you have the option to swap out the insert whenever you’d like between the provided full view glass insert or the insect screen insert.
In past systems, trying to switch your storm doors insert was a difficult task. The process of utilizing the retaining clips to swap out the inserts became difficult and time-consuming. This prevented storm door owners from actually utilizing the ability to swap out the inserts. It was too much work.
That’s why Andersen innovated a new way to change the insert on your storm door in just seconds. The new Contemporary Deluxe Storm Doors from Andersen come with a new Quick-Change Release System which removed all the hassle from swapping out inserts.
Quick-Change Release System
- To use the new Quick-Change Release System, you’ll first use the handle set to disengage the locking mechanisms that keep the insert in place.
- Use the button on the handle set to release the lever from its locked position, then flip the handle in the upward position. This unlocks the insert from inside storm door.
- Now that the insert is unlocked, you may gently press on the insert to pop the insert out of place. This gives you the ability to lift and remove the insert completely from the storm door unit.
- From here, you’ll be able to take the alternative insert and place gently into the middle of the storm door to take the place of the previous insert.
- Once in position, you can then re-engage the locking mechanisms by pushing the lever into its normal operating position and then clicking the button to lock the lever in place.
Within seconds, you’ve now just swapped out the insert inside your storm door. A quick, no hassle, easy solution to getting the most use of your storm door.
Interested in learning more about available options for your storm door? Click here to see a full selection of products and options for Andersen Storm Doors from Zabitat!