If you’re planning on selling your home then it’s a no-brainer that you want to get the most money out of the sale as possible. It’s not always obvious which methods are best for maximizing your home’s value. There are dozens of projects to choose from, but not all of them will provide the strongest return-on-investment (ROI). To get the most money possible you’ll want to try these inexpensive, high ROI renovations.
Organizing, cleaning, and decluttering is a surprisingly high-impact way to guarantee more money from your home sale. If you spend $400 hiring a professional cleaning service or renting out a storage space for your stuff then you could see up to a 400% ROI.
- Go through every room in your home and store away 30% of the items.
- Then rearrange or remove furniture so that the flow is better. Less furniture will also make a room feel larger.
- Go ahead and remove personalized items like family photos, too.
Neutral Paint Colors
Now is also a good time to consider adding a fresh coat of interior paint. A $900-$1,000 investment in a new paint job can have an ROI of $2,000.
- Choose a neutral color palette. Homes with neutral color palettes tend to sell faster since they are the least offensive, least-personalized palette for home shoppers.
Another budget-friendly idea with a big ROI is to upgrade the lighting in your home. Spending $400 on new lighting can net you as much as a $1,600 ROI.
- Swap out your old energy-hogging lights with new energy efficient bulbs.
- Replace standard light switches with dimmer switches.
- Now might be a good time to consider “smart” lighting technologies, too.
Landscaping is great for your home’s value, as well. A good lawn will help get shoppers into your front door.
- Spend around $500 laying new mulch, planting shrubs and perennials, trimming trees, and adding LED lights to your walkway. These changes can add up to an ROI of $2,000.
- Upgrade your front door by adding or replacing door glass. This will add character to your front entryway and increase your home value. Click here to take a look at several door glass options for your home.
Get the most money out of your home sale by following this great, budget-friendly renovation advice. Check out all the great ideas in the full article below.
Read the full article here: http://blog.compmort.com/the-top-8-value-adding-projects-for-home-sellers