Snow-covered rooftops. A warm cozy fire. Kids bundled up in coats, hats, gloves, and scarves… We often only think of winter and the holiday season the same stereotypical way in which media, films, and advertisements so often portray them. But if you live in a part of the country that doesn’t experience snow, or if you’re lucky enough to live near an ocean, your version of the holidays might look a little bit different.
We think that should be celebrated! Here at Zabitat, we love regional decor, and are proud to offer a wide variety of decorative door glass that pays homage to different regional trends. Now that the holidays are officially underway, let’s take a moment to explore some non-traditional ways you can decorate your home for Christmas, no matter where you live.
Check out the links and ideas below and have fun getting in the holiday spirit in your part of country!
- Do you have cacti in your yard? String holiday lights around them to add some sparkle and shine to your home.
- Decorate your home with a Christmas Cactus! Then, check out these tips for how to care for one.
- DIY time! Create your own tree skirt from a striped, southwestern-inspired blanket. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Beach Bungalow Christmas
- Decorate your tree with a coastal theme in mind. With starfish, aqua-blue ornaments, and seahorse statues, we love these designs for inspiration.
- Ready for more DIY? Add some extra pizazz to a plain wreath by hot-gluing seashells and nautical trinkets around the perimeter, like this one.
- This coastal-inspired mantle uses rope for a festive, yet regional look — perfect for your beach bungalow holiday!
Christmas in the Mountains
- These adorable miniature ski ornaments are perfect for a Christmas tree in the mountains. DIY instructions here!
- The best way to fully embrace Christmas in the Mountains? Keep a fire going the entire holiday season for extra warmth and coziness!
- This rustic wreath, complete with antlers, will look great on the front door of a cabin tucked away in the mountains.
Festive Urban Apartment
- Decorating for a small space? This list is full of great ideas on how you can make the most of your space, from hanging holiday cards on your wall to putting pine branches in vases for a makeshift Christmas tree.
- Does your apartment have a balcony? If so, string holiday lights up around your railings for some extra cheer even your neighbors will appreciate.
- If you can’t fit a tree in your apartment, why not make your own? Here are some creative ideas for how you can DIY your own (hint hint, we love the chalkboard wall).
Tropical Island Christmas
- We can’t get enough of this wreath, made out of tropical Hibiscus. Perfect for a tiki-inspired Christmas!
- Decorate your outdoor palm trees with colorful lights for a tropical-inspired Christmas landscape.
- Does it get any more fun than this? Decorate your lawn with some tropical flamingos, complete with Santa hats for a festive look. Click here for a photo of these quirky Christmas flamingos.
The decorating fun doesn’t stop here. We have a lot more ideas on how you can prep your home for the holidays, especially when it comes to your entryway. Click the link below for more inspiration. Happy Holidays!